Shoulder and clavicle pain can be experienced by people of all ages. Your chiropractor can treat shoulder and clavicle pain using a variety of methods. If you or a loved one suffers from either shoulder or clavicle pain or discomfort, read on to learn more.
You probably already know what the shoulder region is, but you may not know that the clavicle region is interconnected with the function and location of the shoulder. The clavicle consists of a slender, long bone that runs horizontally between the tops of your two shoulders. Interestingly, the clavicle is the only bone that runs horizontally of its length. The other long bones run vertically, in your legs and arms. The clavicle is commonly referred to as the collarbone because it runs directly beneath where your shirt collar would be.
It’s quite common to experience shoulder and/or clavicle pain. Even though the clavicle isn’t a “moving” bone, exterior pressure and weight can bear on this bone and cause discomfort. In addition, pain from one or both shoulders can radiate to the clavicle. Shoulder pain is even more common because the shoulder joint is very complex and it’s used often. Pain in the shoulders and clavicles area usually occurs to almost everyone at least once.
Some of the most common causes of shoulder and/or clavicle pain include:
• Stress fracture, from too much weight or pressure on the clavicle – Even the tiniest stress fracture can cause immense pain.
• Osteoarthritis – where the protective cartilage around the clavicle or shoulder has worn down.
• Bruising – where force trauma has occurred and bruised the bone, possibly from an accident such as an auto accident.
• Poor sleep posture – in which case your chiropractor can recommend a sleep posture that won’t negatively affect the shoulder or clavicle region.
• Osteomyelitis – which is a bone infection commonly spread through the blood.
Our team is ready to offer a variety of non-invasive treatment options to alleviate pain and discomfort. Chiropractic treatment for shoulder and clavicle pain is a proven and effective method that has been used for many decades
Dr. Hamid Ameri is an experienced and compassionate Chiropractic Doctor who is dedicated to treating the cause of pain in his patients. Contact ChiroMax Health & Wellness and book your initial consultation and learn more about non-invasive treatment options today.
We can provide safe, non-invasive treatment for your shoulder and/or clavicle pain, injuries, trauma, normal aging, and more. Don’t opt for surgery before exploring all the options available to relieve your pain. Call (713) 22-Ameri (713-222-6374) and schedule your appointment today and start your path of recovery and a healthy living